Bring It On, Leap Year
This week is all about how we’ll celebrate the extra day in February, or how we won’t…February 29th only comes around every four years, and it seems a pity to just let it slide into and out of existence like every other day. Why do we have leap years? Well, it’s something to do with how the Earth rotates about 365.242375 times a year, so those extra bits after the decimal have to be dealt with. Luckily, this year leap day falls on a Monday, so, uh, it becomes a fun way to start the week.
My leap day will go as follows, a girl hopes:::
- 29 minutes of morning meditation
- Run 2.9 miles
- Read 29 pages of Viktor Frankl’s, Man’s Search for Meaning
- Brush the cat 29 times with her favorite green brush
- Visit Cantor Arts Center– can I see everything in 29 minutes?
- Eat 29 peas- well, that’s better than 29 M&M’s, right?
- Be very productive for 2.9 hours…
- Smile at 29 different people
- 29 minutes of evening meditation
Phew. After all this is done, and I’m leaning towards M&M’s by the way, I’m thinking my leap day will have been most excellent, cheers Earth for being .242375 slow around the curve.
[Img.Src: Aussie Leap Frog, 1937]