Music from the Decades
I am musically motivated. I love it when I am in cycle class and the music is loud, has a good beat, and I can just let go. Since I am a Gen Xer I am going to take a look back on my music past.
The 70’s: Give me a disco ball, a set of flashing lights, and it feels like a party to me. Here are a few that I played on my record player as a kid:
- Got to be Real – Cheryl Lynn
- Le Freak – Chic
- You Make me Feel (Mighty Real) – Sylvester
The 80’s: I was more into pop than hard rock, but they both had a following. Punk and rap also began to surface. I would hit play on my tape player with these:
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go – Wham!
- Man in the Mirror – Michael Jackson
The 90’s: This decade gave us grunge, but for me dance music ruled my Discman:
- Good Vibrations – Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
- Vogue – Madonna
- Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) – C&C Music Factory
Y2K: This new decade has brought us new artists thanks to reality tv, YouTube, and iTunes. Here are a few of my favorites on my iPhone:
- Just Dance – Lady GaGa & Colby O’Donis
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Hold My Hand – Jess Glynne
Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me. Whatever your motivation is, I hope you have fun while you are moving.
[Img.Src: Cheryl Lynn, Wham, Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch, Jess Glynne]