Enjoying the Simple Things
Ms. Bockle: I believe that if one can find contentment with the simple pleasures that come our way in this hectic life, then we can find many ways to sustain ourselves through difficult times.
Here are some that have come my way this past week:
- videos from friends showing children splashing in puddles
- coming home to a feral kitty waiting on my door mat, for my arrival means dinner. Followed by watching her ears twitch as she listens to an eclectic collection of tunes from my iPod
- recognizing different bands as they are played on the radio; big smiles when favorite tunes are played. If occasion allows: swinging/bouncing to the beat
- an unexpected phone call from a friend asking for advice
- koi fish nibbling on my salty fingers
- getting to tick off all the items on today’s ‘to do’ list, even #3: going to the gym
- having a big pot of soup last all week; merging with the fact that even on the 5th day it’s so good I actually look forward to its consumption.
May You Be Lucky in Love
Mizzfit: I’ve been concentrating on my current job and 15 Day Challenge so much that I forgot Valentine’s Day is looming. Instead of bemoaning singledom, I like to think about all the things I love about life like good movies, cats and dogs, good tea, a reliable truck, library people watching, etc. But, if you’re lucky enough to have someone close by to lay your lips on, here’s a Mary Oliver poem that’s sure to inspire some lip-lockage. Cheers to a fun weekend!
[Img.Src: Cat 1881]